With children coming home from school and often going straight from doing homework to playing video games or watching TV, it gets harder and harder to keep kids active. Things used to be different, when kids would turn off the TV and go adventuring with their friends through the neighborhood. These days, there aren’t a lot of things to do in terms of playing outside, so most kids tend to choose to inside with their screens. But there are a lot of great benefits to staying active after school. In fact, it’s something kids of all ages should be doing. Winter weather makes it even harder to encourage active play. Even organized sports don’t always help, since kids often spend half of practice just standing around. So how can you get them moving? For kids in Bradford, MA, you don’t have to look too far for the answer to that question. Bring the family to Skateland!
Roller skating is a great way for kids of all ages and fitness levels to get active after school. Skateland is a family-friendly place where kids can come with friends to have fun. What are some of the benefits of staying active after school?
1. Physical activity helps develop stronger bones and muscles in the body
2. Kids get better sleep after active play
3. Pysical fitness helps with weight control
4. Regular activities will help give kids a better outlook on life
5. Fitness helps kids to develop mentally, helping them do better in school
6. Skating teaches kids the value of leadership and teamwork
7. Active play helps kids build social skills
There are so many great reasons for kids to participate in a fun family activity like roller skating. If you want a great way for your child to stay active, bring them to Skateland!