Tips on How to Skate
How to SkateSorry, we no longer have actual skating classes but here are our tips for skating the first time:
Skaters with experience who want to learn to do dance skating can join the skating club to learn more about skating. The Skating Club is offered on Monday evenings at 6 p.m.
- Skates should be comfortable but snug.
- Lace skates tightly, but don't cut off circulation.
- Check trucks and wheels, that they are not too loose.
- Check brakes, screws should not be protruding.
- If you want, put on protective pads and helmut.
- Always stay relaxed and have knees bent.
- Keep arms forward, so if you fall you will fall forward.
- At first, ride on two feet to get the feel of rolling.
- Push the right skate away with a sidewards push, transferring your weight onto the left foot, return and roll with your weight on two feet then repeat on other foot, always returning to the two-foot roll position.
Here are our video tips for skating:
Home | Birthdays, regular and private | Private Parties | Session Schedule | Directions | HOW TO SKATE | Buy Skates | Guestbook